Sunday, May 17, 2009

21st Century Breakdown : Believe what you read, from heroes and cons

Violence is an energy; from here to eternity
Violence is an energy; silence is the enemy
So gimme gimme revolution!



So, yeah I'm a little late. Sue me XD But still, in case some still don't know, Green Day's newest album, 21st Century Breakdown was released 2 days ago at May 15th.

Tracklist:

01. Song Of The Century

Act I - Heroes and Cons
02. 21st Century Breakdown
03. Know Your Enemy
04. Viva La Gloria!
05. Before The Lobotomy
06. Christian's Inferno
07. Last Night On Earth

Act II - Charlatans and Saints

08. East Jesus Nowhere
09. Peacemaker
10. Last Of The American Girls
11. Murder City
12. Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)
13. Restless Heart Syndrome

Act III - Horseshoes And Handgrenades
14. Horseshoes And Handgrenades
15. The Static Age
16. 21 Guns
17. American Eulogy (Mass Hysteria / Modern World)
18. See The Light


I've just downloaded it and listened to most of the song
(don't support piracy? I'm not. I'm just curious XD I'm planning to buy the album if that'd makes you happy) and it didn't turns out disappointing. Overall, the sound was pretty much like American Idiot but with a little taste of Dookie some here and there. It's a little experimental I think.

Now, tracks that I pay attention to are;
  • 21st Century Breakdown | of course, I've heard the single before but you'll realize some minor and major changes to the album version if you listen closely. Like the usage of guitar instead of piano on the intro also the lyric of 'My name is Samuel' instead of 'My name is no-one'.
  • Know Your Enemy | gotta love the simple punk tune and the rebellious lyrics. Green Day for you~
  • East Jesus Nowhere | brilliant lyrics.
  • Last Of The American Girls | brilliant brilliant song. full of metaphor.
  • Murder City | another song with a simple punk tune.
  • American Eulogy : Mass Hysteria/ Modern World | I paid attention to this song since the Modern World part was sung by Mike Dirnt: Well, what do you know, his voice is pretty good.
So, overall, it was great lol I know, anyone that has been waiting for a few years for their album would say that XD but really, I mean it~ It's great. It's great to hear a mainstream band that would actually say (shout) their rebellious idea out loud. So, go Green Day~

No comments: